Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
My random facts:
1. I have four great (and grown) kids - two biological, two adopted.
2. Over my lifetime, I've lived in 28 different places, but all in the same state. And almost all those moves took place in a ten year span early in my marriage.
3. I love science fiction and fantasy and firmly believe there are other beings in our universe.
4. I abhor violence of any sort. I'm probably one of the few people whose kids censor what the parent watches.
5. I was the first female ever allowed to have a show on my college radio station, but was forced to play only "dinnertime" muzak since girls weren't smart enough to handle top 40. We girls went on strike and showed the guys just what girls *were* capable of. :)
6. I was considered "slow" in elementary and junior high, but finished in the top third of my class and in college, made dean's list several times as an undergrad and had a 4.0 average with my Master's degree.
7. I love trying new crafts. I've made soap, candles, woven baskets, done needlepoint, crewel, quilting, knitting, crocheting, tailored my and other's clothing, learned to make natural dyes, bake bread from scratch (both regular and gluten free), done so many different things - and had fun with them all.
8. I've been a teacher, waitress, short-order cook, secretary, computer specialist, inventory specialist, office manager, electronics salesperson, acquisitions specialist, librarian, newspaper journalist, editor, reviewer and writer.
I am tagging: Jeff, Nean, Terry, Amy, Frances, Jenyfer, Sharon, Ash
Birthdays: Karl Marx, Nellie Bly, Soren Kierkegaard
Tips and Teasers: You’ve been hired to appear on a talk show to promote your latest work. How do you describe what you are currently working on?
Thought for the day: "The greatest part of a writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book." - Samuel Johnson